10.27.2010

New/Old Cerberus Shoal album released!

So I was looking at blog stats and noticed that I've picked up some traffic via folks googling Cerberus Shoal and "An Ongoing Ding," the long-delayed unreleased album of theirs.  I googled it myself, and much to my delight after years of waiting, it has been released in Japan in early October!  It's available from the is collage collective, and while it's not their best (I'm especially partial to "Chaiming the Knoblessone" and "Bastion of Itchy Preeves"), it's a wonderful record.  If you're not into ordering it from Japan, it's also available on iTunes domestically.

I was very bummed when Cerberus Shoal broke up, but it's great to get one more new taste of their work.  Many of their records on North East Indie seem to be dropping out of print, and the small number of their albums that were available on iTunes are all gone except for this new release, so grab them while you can--they're worth your attention.



Members of Cerberus Shoal continue to remain active in a variety of other acts, if you're interested:

Fire on Fire
Dilly Dilly
Big Blood
Chriss Sutherland
Asian Mae

All interesting, but to be honest, I don't think any of those projects approach the magic of Cerberus Shoal.



In the meantime, don't forget to pick up a copy of their recent 7'' on Eternal Otter, which features 2 tracks from An Ongoing Ding--probably the last chance ever for Cerberus Shoal vinyl.

Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment